Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CX_Luigi

CX-Programmer updates

4 posts in this topic

first a disclaimer: although my employer is supplied directly by Omron with all the software needed, I bought by myself a copy of CX-Programmer (then 2.04), mainly because I like to deepen my knowledge of both controllers and applications. During visits to customers in the past months, I had the chance to install the latest versiona of CX-P, everytime unlocking it using my own legal serial number. CX-P can work without serial number, in this case it can be configured as demo version or can be downgraded to Junior mode, good only to program the bottom line of PLCs. My company now uses CX 3.3, but i know that 4.0 is already out. My question: is possible to post or find the CX-P installer only, using my serial to enable it? Would this be acceptable to Omron? Please note, I am not talking about piracy here, my copy is a legal one. I saw older Omron softwares in the downloading area, so I think it is possible to post CX as well or not? Also note that, due to the direct supply of software by Omron I never sent the registration card.

The various Omron software that is posted here at MrPLC.com are those versions of software that are either obsolete or unavailable through other means. The CX Automation Suite is the current software and even though the demo mode and Junior mode do not require a license, there still is a minimal cost for these lower end versions. Therefore, it is not reasonable to post any of the CX Automation suite softwares when others are paying for it.

Call your local Omron Rep.... I did and they upgraded me almost for free..... I had helped one of there customers out of a jam and they kinda owed me one but if you call them and ask them what the upgrade terms are and whine alittle you may get a freebe

thanks to anyone for the replies. I'd like to point out that Omron, at least in USA does make available for downloading CX-Supervisor that can work in demo mode if a registration key is not supplied during installation, not unlike CX-P. While is Omron decision whether sofware must be available as a trial version, I think it could be welcomed news if a current version of CX-P could be made available as demo or Junior mode, for willing people to test. Having worked with Siemens hardware and software in the past, in my opinion a trifecta CX-P/CJ1xx/Ethernet communication module is a terrific system for development while reasonably priced. Edited by CX_Luigi