Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest sander_z

FESTO FPC201 / OMRON C20 manual

10 posts in this topic

Hello, I've got a PLC as in the picture above. It is a FESTO FPC201 and also had two seperate units for programming by an RS232 link (this is the PRT201) and a unit with an lcd screen and keypads to program the plc (PRG201). I can't find any information on the internet about operating this plc, I'm looking for a manual and maybe some PC software to program it. I already found out that this PLC isn't actually from FESTO, but is the OMRON C20. Could you help me to find software or a manual? This would be great.

Ewwwwww just get yourself a new Plc .....LOL (j/k) um dont know havent ever run across one of them beasties.

Well, I did find this topic: Does C20 exist? And the PLC is exactly the same, there are also some links for a manual etc. But the links don't work anymore.

I have updated the download links for the thread above. Thanks for the picture. I had never actually seen one.

Thanks!! All the links work, except the one for the manual: C20 Operation Manual It would be very nice if you have the manual too.

OK. Try again.

Really great that you have I this stuff, it's really hard to find this on the internet. Especially when I was looking for with "festo fpc-201". This forum has been a great help. Thanks!!

I had forgotten what they look like quite frankly. Has been some years. They were the days. Very little memory and lots of program to write. Had to use compares, used counters instead. Used 1 less instruction. Made you become inventive but a nightmare for whoever followed you.

I haven't forgotton how they look(C20), but i did not relise that Omron did one under a different flavour and colour...... The C20's i believe have been discontinued since about 1999. (Perhaps earlier) You might be lucky enough to pick one up on ebay but for my money i would upgrade to a CPM1a/2a instead. Conversion of the program would take me under 5 min (just have to be careful of new address allocation scheme).

Well, I was wondering. What do you think such a plc would cost, if you bought it new back in the 90's?