Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest common

How To Link Keyence Plc With Pc?

15 posts in this topic

Did anybody try to link the Keyence PLC (KV series) with the PC???? easy to link????? How to do it by the VB program???? Possible to use RS485 to link the keyence with PC??????

Linking a Keyence PLC to a PC is a very easy operation to perform. Basically the PLC unit works on the RS232 protocol. Hence it will quite easily connect to the COMS port of a PC. However the protocol settings on the PLC can not be changed and the COMS port on the PC side needs to be changed to interface with the PLC correctly. As per the manuals the whole system of communicating one to the other is not complex or involved For uploading and downloading information programs to the unit the best and recommended way is to use the Ladder Builder software provided and or available from www.keyence.com which features windows based GUI easy to use interfacing menus. By using this programs can be easily transferred and or read form the unit as well as a monitoring function when the unit is online. Following that any problems in communicating can be reffered to the appropiate Keyence international areas where the technical staff can assist. Contact details can be found on the websites. James Gardner Applications Engineer Keyence (UK)

wat kind of cable do we use when connecting the keyence visual kv plc with a pc computer? the socket on the keyence visual plc looks like a telephone jack. thank a lot

1. Download manual for KV series PLC by visiting Keyence website or going directly to manual download (this way you will avoid hassle of providing information). 2. Decompress it and open file v_kv_inst_ch07_9.pdf 3. Scroll down to page "1-248" which is 10-page in this file.

Can i change any data memory(DM) without Ladder buildr. ??? If can...how do it? can show me some easy example.. Thanks u so much...

could somebody help me ? i have keyence plc KZ-40R series. But I don't have any communication cable to working with it (between PLC with PC). Can you give me diagram so i can make comm cable by myself? and also could you help me to get manual operation for this PLC series (include instruction for logic)

Have you tried the Keyence website at www.keyence.com? They have all the manuals you'd ever need.

The Keyence website is a pain. If you want to make your own cable here's a pin out. PC ----------PLC 2--------------2 5--------------3 3--------------4 Jump 4 to 6 7 to 8 Edited by berkrb01

jump on which side?

On the pc side. We were having trouble connecting to a very old machine and were trying a couple of different combos when I stumbled on this. It worked. Edited by berkrb01

Just an FYI... This topic was dead for over 3 years before your post, so I doubt they are still looking for the answer.

I hope he found an answer by now. The point of posting it was so that engineers that are looking for the answer now can find it. It took a little looking on my part to find the wiring diagram I needed for it. Thought this might be a good website to post this so people could look it up. I try to look for things before I ask questions. Just trying to make things easier for others to look it up without having to wait for an answer.

Makes perfect sense...

This topic has been 8 yrs old, and yet i found the answer i was looking for. Thanks guys.

wat kind of cable do we use when connecting the keyence visual kv plc with a pc computer? the socket on the keyence visual plc looks like a telephone jack. thank a lot :clap -------------------------------------------------------- WoW gold|Diablo 3 Gold|Guild Wars 2 gold