Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abacus

Activation location

5 posts in this topic

Good day All, I'm a newbie to Allen Bradley and have picked up some issues with my Laptop. The license/activation that worked without hassles for the past year is now undetectable, I am sure the license is still on my laptop somewhere but the license activation tool where I went to look after RSlogix 5000 complained, is pointing to "my documents" for activations. I am under the impression that this is the likely cause of my problem. Could someone assist so that I can get it looking for the activations in the right place again. My local RA Support can only assist me next week when someone becomes available. Any suugestions welcome. Thanx

Hi, If it is stillin your system ...you can locate it. just close all rockwell softwares. alos RS linnx. Now go to start--- rockwell softwares---utilities...move activations---- select apropriate drive from c: to D: (it will show if available activations ), also try inbetween drives. d to c, d to e, or e to c. if you have node locked activation , it is *.Lic file...located in c:/progfiles/.....rockwell software/ common/ ...activations... just try it. Thanks,

That's because they are watching the world cup. Stop blowing those horns and you will get more help. Edited by Mickey

There are two different mechanisms for activation of Rockwell Software products. The older method is called "Everlock" or "EVRSI". It used activation diskettes and a simple activation moving utility that you launch from Start -> Programs -> Rockwell Software -> Utilities -> Move Activation (32-bit). That utility is looking for a system file called EVRSI.SYS that contains the activation key. It is always located in the root directory of the drive that contains it (A:\ or C:\ or D:\ or something else). The newer method is called FactoryTalk Activation. The utility is launched from Start -> Programs -> Rockwell Software -> FactoryTalk Activation -> FactoryTalk Activation Tool. This is the multi-tab utility with Get Activations / Current Activations / Rehost Activations / Settings tabs. It is looking for *.LIC files, which are simple text files with activation key codes inside them. The *.LIC file path is defined in the Settings tab. The default path is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Rockwell Automation\Activations. Using and ordinary Windows search for EVRSI.SYS or the *.LIC file should help you determine which licensing system you are using.

The *.LIC file path is defined in the Settings tab. The default path is C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\Rockwell Automation\Activations.