Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jtruman

pwm question using dl05 mode 10

3 posts in this topic

using the built in high speed inputs is it possible to measure the duty of a pwm input i am wanting to use a SMT160 to measure temp on a digital input its a cheap way of measuring temp i am hoping for some help if the input is fast enopugh perhaps i could start a timer then load the result into a memory and compare it to a series of presets I know this would not be possible normally but the dlor has 2 high speed inputs and two outputs capable of send pwm outputs hoping someone can say ,no or do it this way cheers jt

I cannot help in the PWM area. But there are other issues you will face. If I'm reading the specs right on the smt160. The voltage output is only 5 volts. The onboard HS inputs on the DL05 require 10 volts to operate (12 volts if you want it to be reliable).You will need some sort of voltage converter that will faithfully mimic the PWM input. At first glance the 4Khz output of the chip would be in range of the 5Khz limit of the HS inputs. But the 5Khz limit is measured with a 50% duty cycle. Obviously the chip changes the duty cycle to something else. I would suspect that around 30% duty cycle and 4Khz the inputs would not be fast enough.

If your slot is clear investigate using the H0-CTRIO