Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gromit

RSView32 File Extensions

4 posts in this topic

What is the file extension for a RSView32 project, and what are other pertinent RSView32 file extensions?

The project file extension is .rsv, but there are many more files/folders related to the project, located in the same project folder.

Thanks, ECSI. I have received a file from a customer that is supposed to be an RSView project.  The extension is .APA. My copy of RSView Machine Edition does not know what kind of file it is.  I am not sure that they have sent me the correct file, even. Can you shed some light on this issue?

Thanks!

apa is a project archive. There is a utility that comes with FT View ME that you use to archive/restore/etc. projects. You will need to use that utility to restore the archive file. I don't have access to that computer right now or I would be more exact about what it's called and how to use it.

edit to add:

Factory Talk View ME is the newer version of RSView 32 for Machine Edition. It should restore a View 32 project with no difficulty as long as FTView is installed on a 32-bit computer. If it's installed on a 64-bit computer, there will be complications if the archive file was created using a 32-bit machine.

Edited by Joe E.