Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RichWargo

CimME and QuickPanel

3 posts in this topic

Had a funny happen to me. Existing 90/70 (model 772, I think). Finally got proper cabling from GE to connect QuickPanel (10.5" color). Only took 'em 3 tries. Am displaying vertical bars for motor speeds from six variable speed drives. Using Genius I/O, no issues getting values into PLC. Genius blocks are scaled 0 to 10000 for 0 to 100 percent, signed integers, so negative values are possible (and do happen). Define vertical bar scaled 0 to 10000 with 2 digit decimal (so shows 0.00 to 100.00 percent). Normally 0% at bottom and 100% at top. Sometimes, and it appears to happen randomly, the vertical bar scale will flip, so that 0.00% is at the top and 100.00 % is at the bottom. This occurs only when the QP is online and communicating. Also sometimes occurs even after I set display scale to -10.00% to 100% (give some room on the bottom end). Scratching head, won't bother GE with this, because they have enough trouble understanding light switches, much less something this complex. Besides, this will be quicker than calling them. I remember when calling A-B was painful and GE Charlottesville was wonderful, could get a hold of actual developers. Now, Charlottesville support is hideous, and A-B has improved immensely. Even though Cimplicity development is local (here in Albany NY.) I get whined at if I try to backdoor GE's system and contact the developers directly, even though I know a few of them personally.

Well Rich you may have to call the Brain Trust at GE ( I use this term Lightly). I have found my glitches in the Cimplicy software. None quite like that one but equaly frustrating. They did come out with a service pack so fix some of the glitches. Go on the GE web site and search for SP1. It should come up, and give you list af defects fixed by this. Hopefully yours in there.

Well, I did contact Charlottsville, and did get directed to download an SP file for CimME. Didn't address my problem and finally, through much downloading, did get vertical bars to display properly, so I stopped there and called it done. Quite frankly, I think GE in general and GEF in particular has descended into the black pits of apathy when it comes to customer problems. The personnel only seem to care about positioning themselves relative to the newest company initiative, be it Six Sigma, SII, or whatever. I suppose GE thinks it can generate sufficient sales just selling to itself.