Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
poovs

CX Common Components/CPS Upgrade FAIL

3 posts in this topic

I've been using CX-One on my development machine for months without a problem. After a recent Omron rep visit, it was suggested to apply the CX-One Auto-Update tool in order to properly utilize some EIP/Datalink features. After doing so last month, things continued to work fine. I have not received any updates since then (to my knowledge). This morning (Monday) I boot up my machine and open CX-Programmer to find an installation problem with a CPS Version Upgrade that I did not attempt to allow. The installation process appears to not be able to locate said *update* and will not allow the software to run. In fact, upon selecting Cancel the process continues to re-attempt to locate and install (indefinitely). I must kill the update application from Task Manager. I have tried to run CX-One Auto Update but no updates are found. So now I am waiting for a call back from Omron Tech Support (which I absolutely LOVE)... Suggestions? Please don't say use "CX-One Remover" :( Screenshots attached...

Problem solved... Called in to Omron Tech Support after not receiving a callback for 6 hours and was given the following suggestion(s): Omron Technician had experienced the same problem in the past. Something to do with a problem in the Auto-Update Utility. Was able to locate the failing CX Common Components/CPS installation listed in Windows Add/Remove Software list. Attempts to remove software failed until a clean reboot without trying to run CX-One first. Once removed, CX-One runs properly without error. Then re-run the Auto-Update Utility from Omron247.com website, detected update needed for CX Common Components. Let the update download and install. Reboot; all is well.

Thanks for the info! It will surely help others around here