Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KinK

Devicenet Trunk / Drop Box

2 posts in this topic

I have a project to put in a PLC system, (omron) into a research facility. I have done this before and used the omron multi drop connector, (I dont generally like them as they are not very well designed, if you have a small box you have to remove the whole thing off the din rail to get the connectors off.) I am looking for something that I can wire up using tek cable (Flexible armoured with the plastic sheath) 1/2 conduit connections. that comes as a prebuild package I have about 50 - 60 of these things to make and I would much rather just purchase the finished product. any suggestions would be great

You didn't say which Omron connector you are using but I see on the data sheet that some have connectors that remove from the side and others have connectors that remove from the front. If you want to stay with Omron I'd suggest the DCN1-2R for one branch or DCN1-4R for three branches. I've used Turck for fieldbus connectors. Look in catalog B3026, Fieldbus I/O Media. The JRBS-57-x is similar to the Omron junction box, with 4, 6 or 8 branch connections and front removal terminals. I don't know if anyone offers a DIN rail junction mounted in a junction box. With exposed armored cable, it's more common to terminate the cable with connectors and use the NEMA 4/IP68 junction boxes. Omron has a few pieces, but Turck has a much larger selection. Mike