Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
brinkmann

Panel view startup program

3 posts in this topic

I know it's here somewhere but can't find it. We have the PV 600+ with the 1769-L32E Processr. Along with Factory Talk View Studio- Machine Edition. The PLC program and PV program are loaded in and work fine. When the PV starts up it goes to the config screen by default. Then you have to "run" the program. I have hidden a goto configuration button which will go to the same place. How do I (upon startup) have the PV run the mer file already loaded in? Then if I need to make changes I can use the goto config button. Thanks in advance!

I'm thinking that there is a check box that when you download the program to have the application automatically start. Re-download the program with the box checked.

From the config screen, you can change the startup options. Go to "Terminal Settings", "Startup Options", and check the radio button for "Run Current Application". You must have already loaded the application before that button is available. My practice for installing the PV+ has been to: 1. Copy the application from the memory card using "Termninal Settings", "File Management", "Copy FIles", "Copy Applications", then copy from a memory card to internal memory. 2. REMOVE the memory card. 3. Load the Application. Accept the new comms settings. 4. Configure startup options. 5. Reboot. If you're in a hurry you can just start the app, but it's a good idea to reboot with a hardware reset or power cycle to ensure that you know what's going to happen at 2 a.m. when they do that to it. Too many times, my techs have loaded the application from memory card into ram, and then pulled the card, started the app and all is well until a power cycle...Then it comes up with no application loaded, and none in internal memory. Or they copy the app, but don't accept the comms changes. That's why I copy app first, then remove the card, then load the app, go back and configure startup options, and power cycle it. Paul