Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
arkansascontrols

Corrupt HMI Server in Factory Talk View

2 posts in this topic

I have a new installation of FTV 5.10.00 CPR 9 SR 2. I was developing my application and started having computer problems. The normal sort of Windoze problems that force us to reformat and reinstall periodically. It had been well over a year since my last refresh so I figure I was doing pretty good. Long story short, when it finally bought the farm, I was able to get FT Admin Console up long enough to backup my project, then used the Project Backup utility to backup the directory. Having had issues with RSView in the past I also made a manual copy of the entire HMI directory as well. Nice clean PC, fresh install of FTV, I restored the directory, restored the application and when I load FTV Studio it fails to syncronize the tag database, then sits there with a message in the immediate window that says my hmi is loading......forever. To ensure it wasn't a configuration issue I created a new project, the HMI server loads just fine. I tried creating a new HMI server based on a copy of the old one. Same issue as original HMI server. So apparently it is corrupted. Now, I don't mind importing the displays and tags, and parameter files and trend templates into a new project if that's what it takes, but I didn't export them before my PC went down, I just did a backup. So the displays, tags, parameter files, trend templates, data log models don't show up to export. I can't import the displays without the XML files which are created during the export process. Now actually I can recover the trend templates and parameter files (they're physical files that can be copied and added in) and my tags originally came from a spreadsheet which I still have so that's not a problem. But the Displays represent the most labor intensive part of the recovery. I had a lot of hours in those displays and the VBA code that was attached to them. I have not been able to figure out a way to get those displays into a new project without the XML import files. Does anyone know of a way to repair a corrupt HMI server? Does anyone know of a way to at least recover the VBA code that was attached to the displays, or better yet the entire display code and all? Any help would be appreciated.

I found that I can use the 'Add Component into Application' function to bring the physical display files into the new application, just like I do with Parameter files and trend templates and everything except the graphics come over, so I can just import the graphics and voila.