Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Transistor

1761-NET-ENI won't respond to RSLinx without cycling power

4 posts in this topic

I have a 1761-NET-ENI connected to a MicroLogix 1500. I can ping the device OK. I can read/display the built-in web pages OK. The PanelView Plus 600 talks to it OK. FactoryTalk Studio can run the HMI app on my laptop OK. RSLogix 500 communications via RSLinx Classic (2.52 CPR 9) works after I power up the device but eventually stops. I think it occurs when I go offline and later try to get back on. Red X on device. I think I'm exceeding the max number of connections somehow although the diagnostics page shows only three items connected. Has anyone any wisdom on this?

I have had this issue with the 1761-net-eni module as well. You are allowed 4 connections with it. If you have an AB tech support number, here is the link to the webpage that shows information: Tech number 23057

Yes 4 connections, but isn't it also 3 read max and 3 write max. Some devices use two connections (one in and one outgoing). Also, noticed that an unused connection may not be released when you are done with it.

Thanks, chaps. I think it's the non-release of the discontinued connection that's catching me out.