robh

Machine Edition View for Quick Panel

8 posts in this topic

Is there a demo of this software available? I looked around on the GE site and came up empty. Was hoping that a GE user could point me in the right direction. I have an old Total Control Products Smart Touch HMI that I need to get the program out of. After talking with GE tech support they said that that software will work and call my vendor. Vendor has never heard of such a thing but will sell me the software for $$$.$$. Would like to test it before I buy it. Thanks, Rob
4 people like this

If your local distributor will give you a copy of the Machine Edition CD, you can install it and it will run for four days without licensing. I'm not so sure about Machine Edition being able to do anything with old TCP Smart Screen files though. I may be wrong, but I think ME is only good for the Quick Panel line. Unless there is a utility within Quick Designer to import old Smart Touch files. I have an old NT laptop with software for the Smart Touch. The file to launch it is ST.exe. There is one file for each screen with extension .hoa. Send me a PM with your email address and I can send you a zip file.
2 people like this

Proficy Machine Edition does not support this hardware. AFAIK there is not a way to Import these files into Quick Designer either.
1 person likes this

Thanks Steve!
3 people like this

You're welcome Rob, I'm glad it worked.
2 people like this

Hi guys, I hope you still alive.

Does somebody still have Quick Designer software? I have one Quick Panel Jr. (QPJ2D10L2P), but on the site all screens are Omron (and I multiple options in spare), so main idea to convert Quick Panel to Omron. 

What I did? I found that program from Quick Designer can be converted to Proficy Machine Edition. I found this software and tried, but I have Error 12021: "Selected project file was created in QuickDesigner prior to version 3.2. Only project created in Quick Designer 3.2 or later are valid".

I believe that here no direct convention from Quick Panel to Omron, so I just want to open project from Quick Panel in Proficy ME, and manually  recreate same for Omron. 

Maybe somebody can open this project in Quick Designer and save in Quick Designer 3.2 or higher version. So I can migrate it to Proficy ME.

Please help guys. 

3 people like this

Send me a Quick Designer backup to stephen dot bailey2 at Verizon dot net. I'll import it into a newer version of Quick Designer and then into Proficy. Tell me what version of Proficy Machine Edition you're using so I don't import into something too new for you.

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, Steve Bailey said:

Send me a Quick Designer backup to stephen dot bailey2 at Verizon dot net. I'll import it into a newer version of Quick Designer and then into Proficy. Tell me what version of Proficy Machine Edition you're using so I don't import into something too new for you.

Thank you very much Steve.

4 people like this