Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
smith_scott

Job Selection

2 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I'm working with RS View Studio ME and RSLogix 5000. I need to create a job selection screen where the user can scroll a list and select the desired job. I also want them to be able to add new job numbers and delete job numbers as well. Jobs will be text (ABC123) and need to be associated with a number so I can send this number to my robot. Any thoughts on how I can design this in RS View? Thanks, Scott

I did something similar with recipe names on a batching system. I used memory string tags in the PV+, and each has an associated recipe number that is used by the PLC. I had to use a macro to allow the operator to edit the strings from the PV+ with one dialog box. I got help from one of the forums to accomplish this. To do it, I had fifty recipes, each with its own name, and an extra tag I called EDIT_STRING. On my recipe edit screen, I have a control list selector with the captions containing the embedded string variables. You have to use the Insert Variable option to do this, and then browse to your HMI tags to pick the right ones. Then, for the edit name field, I created a String Input Enable Object, with EDIT_STRING as the connection. Next to it, I placed a Macro Button captioned "Accept New Name". The Macro it calls is a series of fifty compares. In the tag field, I put my string tag path: "RecipeSetUp\strrecipe01", and in the expression field I put "If {::[slc505]N7:50}==1 then {RecipeSetUp\EDIT_STRING} else RecipeSetUp\strrecipe01" where N7:50 is the location of the recipe index number (controlled by the list selector). This is repeated 50 times for each of the 50 possible matches. The expression will assign the name to itself if the number does not match, and to the EDIT_STRING if the number does match. Hope this helps, Paul Edited by OkiePC