Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest JORGE

GE FANUC SERIES ONE

5 posts in this topic

HI GUYS, I´M INTERESTED TO ESTABLISH COMMUNICATION WITH A GE FANUC SERIES ONE PLC, THE MODEL IS THE IC610CHS110A. I WANT TO KNOW WHICH SOFTWARE I NEED AND WHAT ABOUT THE COMMUNICATION CABLE. AS ANYBODY HAVE THE SOFTWARE AND A DIAGRAM SO I CAN MAKE THE CABLE FOR IT? PLEASE MY REQUEST IS QUITE URGENT. THANKS, JORGE CURIEL VZ CONTROLES INDUSTRIALES, CXA DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

The product formerly known as the GE Fanuc Series One is now marketed as the DL305 from Automation Direct. http://www.AutomationDirect.com The part number you gave is for the 5-slot rack & power supply. For compatibility with software from Automation Direct, you need the part number for the CPU module. That's the module immediately to the left of the power supply. You also need a serial communications interface part number IC610CCM105. If you have one of those, you also need a RS422 to RS232 converter. If you don't have one, you can buy a version from Automation Direct that has an RS232 port.

thank you for your prompt prompt answer. I've already have the plc but the old version and I want to change the brand of plc to an omron cause we have onsite support in omron plcs and not in ge plcs. I'm not sure but when I saw the ge fanuc plc I didn't see a communication port. If there's a possibilities that you send me information about the fanuc one series I would appreciate it cause we need the information in a rush. thanks, Jorge P.S. I will try to look for the information you asked about the cpu.

The user's manual for the Series One is not available on line, but the manual for the Automation Direct DL305 is. The programming software for the Series One was called Logicmaster One. It is a DOS application and is no longer available. If you could locate a copy, you might have problems running it on a current model PC. If you had it, and if you had a computer you could run it on, you would need the hardware I described in my previous post. If you don't have any of the GE Fanuc items, there are compatible components currently available from Automation Direct. Their programming software is called DirectSoft32. The version for that model is part number PC-PGM-305 and carries a list price of US$199.00. Here is where you have to be careful. DirectSoft32 is only compatible with some of the GE Fanuc CPU models. You can also view the ladder logic program with a handheld programmer. The GE Fanuc part number was IC610PRG105. It can plug directly into the CPU module without any cable. The equivalent Automation Direct part number is D3-HP. You should also verify whether the Automation Direct handheld is compatible with your CPU. With the handheld, you can view the ladder logic and transcribe it by hand so that you can translate it to Omron.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR ADVISE. JORGE