Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
lui

ControlLogix

7 posts in this topic

How can I unpretect the ladder logic from CompactLogix (RSlogix5000) Processor? I need to edit the ladder logic but is protected by the O.E.M. Is there a way to get around it? Thank you

That is the last option.n The would like to charge big $$$ whe it can be done in house. Thanks any way

Have you tried calling the OEM to see if they will unlock the program for you? Sometimes OEMs lock the program until payment is received. Of course if there is still and outstanding balance.. well many of us here are OEM's or integrators and kinda like to get paid. Seriously, the logix seems to be pretty good at protecting programs. I would contact the OEM and let them know you feel comfortable doing the edits in house. If they have logic that they think is proprietary, then ask them if they can lock that portion and unlock the portion you need to work with if it is in another area of the program. The logix has some flexibility there if they set it up properly. In the future I would recommend you tell whoever does the purchase specs for your company to make sure it is in the agreement to be provided with an unlocked version of the program when the final invoice has been paid.

I don't know if it applies, but if there are safety concerns we lock the program to keep people from bypassing important logic. Also, propietary communications drivers get locked. If there is a way to bypass this easily, it would make me even less likely to use A-B.

As an OEM I use AOI (Add On Instructions) to lock proprietory code as required. General code is usually left in the unlocked state so the client can easily access. Even if you check with the client and they are happy for all the code to be locked, you know that within 6 mths they will change there mind..... not all of our systems have remote access to make this easy.

Yes, that's a feature from AB so that the integrator can protect proprietary programs. It's something you need to work out during the contract stage of the project.