Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kandanews

.cha file

5 posts in this topic

can someone tell me in what equipment a .cha file (panelview) is used for? and what can i do to modify it so i can use it on my own panelview? (this file is from one of rockwells sample download files for an HMI file, that Ken Roach referred me to in a different topic (thank you very much Mr. Roach) and i would like to modify it). Thank You. Ken Edwards

The .CHA file is the saved setup for a Panelview Component display. The software to modify the setup exists in the Panelview Comnponent display itself and is accessed via an internet browser. An alternative is to run the Panelview Component Emulator on your local PC and use that to modify the setup.

thank you Bernie, I was attempting to modify a .cha file from rockwells connected components building blocks that Ken Roach linked to me to control a drive. But... I have a Panelview Plus 700. .cha files wont work on this. I was wondering if there is a way to convert these to .mer files? (i have another routine i found, but now i am interested to know if that can be done. ) :):):) thanks, Ken Edwards

I'll let Ken provide a definitive answer but I highly doubt it. They are very different units.

thanks everyone for your assistance in this thread. the display worked rather nicely. Ken E.