Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justwhy2003

Yaskawa

13 posts in this topic

Ive come across a manufacturer of inverters calld Yaskawa. Has anyone used these in the past? It says on their website that they are the largest drive manufacturer in Europe. They seem very competitive in price and would be interested to know if anyone had any good/bad experiences with them in he past. Justin

I have used these in the past, and yes, they are very reliable. Very good support system. Easy to program, start-up, and get running. This application was on a stamping press in the automotive industry.

Thanks, I had heard that they were pretty much an Omron unit. Think Im going to go ahead and get 2. Thanks again

If in Europe, why not Indramat? Just a question.

Yaskawa does NOT equal Omron. They are 2 completely separate companies. Yaskawa is well know in the inverter and servo markets. Older Omron drives and servos were rebranded Yaskawa units, though they now make some of their own. Magnatek used to also rebrand the Yaskawa inverters. So did many others.

My company has been using Yaskawa drives for years and have had very little trouble and no failures. Even replacing Powerflex with Yaskawa because the Powerflex could not handle lockout-tagout power cycles.

We have two panels full of small (<=5HP) Yaskawa drives that I didn't even realize had been there for over two years. Later, I found out that the OEM that supplied the equipment refused to use Powerflex drives when those machines were ordered saying that for this application, the Yaskawas were the most reliable they'd found. We have had zero failures. I ran accross them when helping a tech troucble shoot a drive fault which ended up being a phase to phase short in some conduit full of water and corrosion. The drive was probably reset and faulted a hundred times before they got me involved and we found this, but it did not appear to suffer any damage and is still running.

I have specified and used them many times. They are easy to set up and solid running units. I have some working in really harsh environments and they just keep working. Can't say the same for AB or others.

We use them all the time, as well as several other brands. They are very competitive and their tech support is very easily accessable and knowledgable. The drives themselves are pretty much plug and play.

Hello Members,

A quick question in regards to Yaskawa drives. I have an A.EA4 error on an SGDV-330AE1A002000 drive. I could not find the error code in the manual. Any thoughts on the would be greatly appreciated. Thank-you

I have used these in the past, and yes, they are very reliable. Very good support system. Easy to program, start-up, and get running. This application was on a stamping press in the automotive industry.

Solid inverters, would put them beside Fuji and Altivars any day.
Commissioning software is easy. Hooks up with regular old USB cable.