Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Automaton

GX Works

4 posts in this topic

Hello I am starting out in GX Works 2 (v1.24A) I have imported an IEC Developer program for CCLink V2 and VSD's When I try to compile the project I get the error " No. Result Data Name Class Content Error Code1 Error Global_Vars Global label check Invalid initial value of label C5004 " See the attached screen shot This seems to come from the global variables initial values but I don't see any where where I can adjust the initial value. The program works fine when compiled in IEC Developer v7.04 Any advice would be appreciated? Sorry here is the attatchement Edited by Automaton

There's no attachment for us to look at. And it's possible the function blocks you used in IEC Developer won't work in GX Works2. I have heard from a couple users that some of the commands which were created for the PLC in GX IEC Developer and used in the special function blocks do not exist or have the same names in GX Works2. I've heard of a couple of the special function blocks written for IEC Developer which may need to be modified in GX Works2. I know the Q Analog module ones imported just fine, haven't tested others yet.

Hello I have added the attachment, I have looked at the function blocks in IEC developer, they are simple enough. If need be I should be able to modify them for GX Works. The catch is the Global variable error.

Right, a little trick to look out for when importing IEC Developer function blocks. IEC Developer has an initial value field in the Global variable database, GX Works does not. If you import a project with initial values you will get this error but it wont tell you which records are at fault. The solution: In the Global variables screen, select the record in question ( if you dont know, select all of them) click cut, and then paste them back into the editor (This only copies the fields recognised by GX Works) Now write to the database. Everything compiles and works ok