Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
edpuente

CIF31 CX Programmer windows 7 driver

12 posts in this topic

I am trying to install de drivers for my new lap top with Windows 7, so I can connect it to a PLC trough a CS1-CIF31 USB to Serial converter. When I connect the CIF interface and tell the laptop to use de CIF driver, it does not recognize the files as driver. The drivers worked OK on a Vista Lap top. Do you have any clue how could I make it run on the windows 7? Any help would much appreciated. Thanks Edgar

It is my understanding that all drivers included with CX-One V4 are Windows 7 compatable. I do not think the driver you require comes with CX-One - contact your local Omron office - there is probably one available.

Worth a try: You can download them at www.myomron.com

Is the operating system 32 or 64 bit? The USB driver will not work with a 64 bit system.

It is my understanding from another topic on this site that Windows 7 64 bit and the new Microsoft Virtual Machine allows installation of 32 bit drivers inside the virtual machine rather than in the 64 bit operating system. my understanding from that topic is that the virtual machine just accesses the hardware with the driver running inside the 32 bit operating system virtual machine. the reports there are very good and I am seriously considering giving it a try. AAHHH!! Cannot find the thread. Will attach a link when I find it.

You must love the challenge Bob.... what about the orchids, gotta find the time for them mate, also did you like the ad for factory used bmw's ....

It seems that there aren´t any drivers for 64 bits....

It didn´t work. No files that works on 64 bits...

64 bits. It doesn´t work. I think I will remove 64 bits and reinstall 32 bits...

To use it, I need to upgrade to vista professional. I have vista home 64 bits. I guess I´ll install vista 32 bits...

Vista or Windows 7? Ramblings in your replies. I fail to understand why anyone in your position would even bother with 'home' editions. They are notorious for being terrible at networking and not compatable with anything. I understand that with the new Microsoft Virtual Machine you can run a program under 32 bits with 32 bit drivers installed in the virtual machine. No need for 64 bit drivers? There are sevarl topics here covering this subject. Have a search.

I updraded it to vista 7, installed the xp virtual machine, where I installled the omron software + cif31 drivers, and worked perfectly. Thanks for you input. Regards Edgar Puente