pszczepan

CP1E-N30 and NQ5 - no connection

15 posts in this topic

I downloaded NQ-Designer 1.2 I set COM1 in NQ5 to regular hostlink and downloaded to NQ5. I uploaded to check if parameters are OK: I set CP1E as below, after uploading it looks like: I prepared cable and NO CONNECTION It should be so simple. I tried with COM2 the same - no connection ; I tested ports in NQ without loopback - looks OK The problem is that I do not see flashing COMM LED on RS232 Built-in port in CP1E - just from time to time but when I start NQ5 every time I have - check power and cable - no connection. What I can do more?... Thanks for clue Edited by pszczepan

I think the NQ3 looks for the Hostlink address to be 1 by default. Try changing the address on the settings dialog box to 1. Pp

Where I can find this address? When I open tab for COM1 setup in my NQ5 I have only: In settings for CP1E I can change only unit number to 1, but for sure I have set there 0 - built-in port is there

I checked and I had already address 1 For me it looks like there is some problem with firmware - maybe not new enough. I could not find newer. Thanks anyway - maybe some other suggestion

The DB9 connectors are both male. When the wrong way around, it will have trouble connecting(talking from experience ). Label them clearly... I had them the wrong way around, and only when I had the NQ5 connected to my laptop by USB simultaneously the comms would run, as it found a ground path.... Try haunting that ghost

Right now I do not have cover on DB9 plugs and I am sure the DB9 with bridge 4&5 is in PLC rs232 port. I double checked wire continuity and cable is correct. I disconnected USB cables from NQ and PLC but still during NQ powering up - I have info no connection "check power and cable" Wire shields is connected to both DB9 plugs - I tried with just one connection to DB9 plug - no success My CP1E needs battery - soon I will have - maybe it is the reason - quite stupid idea, but maybe. I am completely stunned.

No. You don't understand. The unit number is set to 0 in the plc (your first post). Change both to 0 or 1. Pp

Thank you - Pp - finally it started working - UNIT NUMBER in <RS232 port> tab for PLC has to be the same as an ADDRESS in <node> tab for NQ

hi guys,i want some detail in omron plc CP1E-E20DR-A,my problem is run led is flashing for CP1E,so this plc is not communicate to pc.plse any body tell me what promblem.:-(

Edited by pv550

Guessing it is the ERR/ALM led that is flashing.  This indicates a non-fatal error.

You will need to review the W479 manual to determine what the non-fatal error is, and what will need to be done to correct it.

You really should have started a new topic, as this is not related to the original post.

No,sir ERR/ALM is not flashing.Power led is lit and run led is flashing. I had 4 omron cp1e plc. In that 4 plc one plc is in good condition power led is lit and run led is also lit. I can able to communicate this plc to cx-programmer software.Remaining all other plc condition is power led lit and run led is flashing. This plc wont communicate with cx programmer. i think run led is flashing is the problem that plc wont communicate with software. What is the solution for that problem? pleaase help us...

There is nothing in the manual about a flashing RUN led.

My recommendation would be to contact either your local Omron distributor or regional Omron tech support office.

Sorry I am unable to provide more assistance.

pv550 please make your own topic in the future, this thread was 7 years old and has nothing to do with your flashing LED problem.