Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajsiyer

InTouch Viewer closes on error!

7 posts in this topic

Im working on an In-Touch application, we're using version 10.0 with dongle & license for development studio + runtime. Problem is, when switching back to development, Windows generates an error message saying Windowviewer must be closed. Once this happens with window-maker still running in the background, its not possible to go again to run-time. Where do I look for what is going wrong? Regards, best wishes, Raj S. Iyer

The System Management Console (SMC), would be the 1st place to start.

Thanks buddy, now to decipher what the logged messages mean.....

Hi friend, I was trying to recreate the situation, however the Window viewer crashed for another reason; perhaps common to while switching between runtime & development. I looked at the SMC and these are the messages that were found... Thread ID Process-ID Component Message 848 460 View SCRIPT DEBUG: Object Script, Button Down 848 460 View Loading Script DLL: WWRECIPE.DLL 848 460 WWRECIPE Startup 8.0 848 460 WWHEAP (0050) PID = 460 Out of free shared maps for memory allocation (263184 Bytes, 5 Maps). 848 460 WWHEAP (0050) WWHEAP allocate failed. dwSize=262144 dwAllocate=263184 848 460 WC WC shutting down... 848 460 WWHEAP (0009) HeapShareFree: mutex abandoned by process 0. 848 460 WWHEAP (0009) HeapShareFree: Registered process thread 3016 gone. Process C:\Program Files\Wonderware\InTouch\view.exe What does WWHEAP mean.? can you explain please? Thanks a million for looking in. with best wishes, Raj S. Iyer

This may help you? http://www.google.co.nz/#hl=en&source=...1260b6e98e5b160 Looking at those log messages, it looks like you are doing some recipe type operations from a button? Try disabling that, and see if the issue goes away. Also, the current version of WW 10 is 10.1 SP2, I think that there was a SP for 10 as well, do you have a support contract?

Thanks friend. Thanks to your inputs, I am much better informed now. I downloaded the patches and tried everything. nothing helped. Actually the cause of the crash was found to be a bad RAM card. we had 4 X 512 mb and this was diagnosed by pulling out the power & SATA cables to the HDD and putting the system in BIOS diagnostics mode (This appears at the earliest stages of boot-up). This bad card failed most of the memory checks. Before I take leave of you sir, one more question... You see this application we've made is about 2000 tags, all on ONE GIANT WINDOW (15000 x 7000 pixels). The 24" monitor we've got is also at 1920x1080 pixel resolution. I seek your kind advise as to whether this will lead to excessive RAM demand.This is now at 1.04 GB as depicted on windows task-manager. Each zone of the plant is shown as one portion of the giant window. Navigation buttons merely shift the portion displayed on screen. Is it good practice or is it better to make several smaller windows for the application. Regards, best wishes for your happiness and beer's on me should we run into one another. Thanks a million Raj S. Iyer

It is better practice to display the information in multiple windows of a manageable size (1920x1080 or smaller), and use common navigation buttons to change to other windows. I have seen the single window application used and it gets very confusing to a new user. The multiple window approach uses much less memory and system overhead. Good luck.