Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CanaanP

Confirmation Dialog

4 posts in this topic

Hello, I'm currently working on a project for a Panelview Plus 1250 using FactoryTalk View Studio. I have created hour meters in the plc program, and have a display in the panelview which all hour meters are visible. I have a reset button for each, which just writes a zero into the stored value in my plc program. I'm wondering if it's possible to have a confirmation dialog popup when the reset button is hit, then the user can hit ok or cancel. Only when Ok is hit does the zero get written. Is this possible without having to manually create a little display for each one? I know that I can do it if I create a confirmation dialog for each one manually, but I was hoping to save some work and maybe someone knew an easier way to do it? Thanks for the advice in advance...

Sorry, but the only way would be to create additional confirmation displays as you stated.

Look into tag replacement, I have lots of things like you are asking. You create 1 yes no pop-up and depending on the reset button touched the desired tags will fill into the display. If you start at page 20 of this publication in the AB literature library VIEWME-UM005E-EN-E, you can see how to use placeholders. Edited by SDM

Look at the baggage line sample program and the way that the "help" buttons are set up. Think about using it for something other than showing help dialogs.