Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Mushu

Unspecified cards in hardware configuration

1 post in this topic

Hi all, I have a client with a small system with a S7-313 PLC; he gave me the uploaded code. When I opened the hardware configuration, all cards appeared as unspecified. When I saw it the first time I thought: well, the person who uploaded the code didn't have the hardware cards in his/her library... if I go and I upload the code, and I have the cards in my library... I will get the full hardware configuration. well, it didn't work like that; when I went online (I had all the cards in my harware library), I could see the same hardware configuration with a kind of generic cards (it doesn't specify the number of channels in any of the cards, or the wiring configuration in the analogue cards); I am interested in an analogue input card, as I want to change the hardware configuration of two channels from 2 wire to 4 wire. when I went online the card appears as an 8 channel, eventhough the actual card is a two channel, and the configuration is for voltage!!!! when the instruments are 4-20 mA. I create the hardware configuration online with the right cards but when I tried to go online it said that it was different so I uploaded and I got the same result: unspecified cards... The customer wants to change an analogue instrument from a 2 wire model to a 4 wire model but I am afraid to change anything until I get the present hardware configuration. I have a test rig at home with a PLC and an analogue card... I have been trying to get a similar result (the unespecified cards) but I haven't success. Any idea? Have you ever seen this before? Is there anyway as in Allen Bradley of creating a hardware configuration with generic cards? Thanks, Ana