Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Donovanr

Conversion of Comments from Japanese? font

3 posts in this topic

I have a .CXP file which has been created by an OEM in Japan. The Comments are not japanese font but some other ANSI, Unicode?? eg. ,WH'öŠš‚Ýž‚ÝŒŸo"¯Šú VC and ´°¼ÞÚ½"Š"üŽw—ß Any ideas on how to convert this code in to plain English? I have set under Control Panel/Regional and Language Options/Languages/Install files for East Asian Languages.. Any help would be much appreciated

If the file use Japanese font, must select Control Panel/Regional and Language Options/Advance --> select language in the drop down box --> restart your PC. Now, open the file you can read the comment in Japanese.

Thanks nguyenthanhcanh for the tip. I also applied Control Panel/Regional and Language Options/Language--> Select Details and added the Japanese Language. This setting creates a popup on the desktop so you can select between English/Japanese etc All the symbols were then converted to Japanese charactors It made it easy to view CXP in Japanese, but then have either Excel or the New coverted CXP file in English... Google translator then got a hiding converting Japanese text to English. Cheers Edited by Donovanr