Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rob5029

opening a modsoft PLC program

5 posts in this topic

Hi, I have a PLC program written using Modoft that has been running in a PLC for some time without any intervention or modification, however I have recently been asked to update this PLC to enable the addition of some new equipment. I do not have the Modsoft software, and when I tried the ProWORX32 demo download it wont import the program. Simply displaying FILE NOT FOUND. Is this because I'm trying to use the demo software, or is there some other issue withe the Program? Any advice would be greatfully recieved Rob.

It may be the demo software is limited, and it may be that you do not have all the files for the Modsoft project. If you had full software, you could upload from the PLC and not worry about conversion.

Yes, the proworx32 demo is very limited. If you'd like I will convert your Modsoft program to proworx32, but you will only be able to view the first 23 networks.

Thanks for your help, just found a laptop with Modsoft on it! I think I'll upgrade to Proworx though!

Last I touched it (2002) ProWORX 32 was very buggy. I'm sure it's gotten better, but I think they are pushing people to the Unity software these days. Not that my knowledge of Modicon is even close to current, maybe someone else can indicate some more current info.