Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobB

CX-One V4

14 posts in this topic

Just installed CX-One V4 on Vista. All is good. There were rumours about UDT data types - does not appear. Is this for a new CPU on the way? Also no sign of the CJ2M - delayed? Accessible via an update later to Coomon Components? Not much appears to be different at this point of time. Have heard lots of rumours about CPU consolidation - cut back the number of CPUs. Anyone heard about that?

I looked through the CxOne 4.0 guide of what's new a couple weeks ago. I remember several new items only applied to the CJ2 CPUs, UDT might be one of them. I'm jealous, I'd really like to be doing a new Omron project with CXOne 4.0 and CJ2 but instead I'm working on my first major Siemens S7-300 project.

As I know a processors CJ1G-CPU45/44 have departed to CJ2H, CJ1G-CPU42/43 will depart to CJ2M. Me interests more, what will be with CJ1M-CPU2x and whether will keep price equivalent CJ1M-CPU_1? Edited by nid2009

Does V4 finally include 64bit usb drivers for the plcs and hmis?

There is only 1 driver in the PLC/NS driver section so I would not think so. For the USB/serial converter I presume the Vista driver works with Windows 7 - appears to be only 32 bit also. I would be very surprised if 64 bit drivers would be high on any PLC manufacturers list - most of them have just come to terms with Vista let alone anything else. Here is an attachment that shows 'data types' from the help pages - CJ2H PLC selected - no mention of UDT Edited by BobB

User defined tags, like a array but a mix of Int, real or bit tags. Banker

Not to be conused with http://udt.sourceforge.net/

Bob, what versions of CX-Programmer and CX_designer do you have now with CX-one V4? be interested to know to what point the Update tool goes to as my release notes still state i'm on CX-One V3.05.

CX-P is V9.03, CX-Server is V4.3, CX-D is V3.111. By the way, that was from a fresh install from the DVD. CX-One is described as being V4.03 on the DVD cover. There have been no updates available since installation. Edited by BobB

Cheers Bob, mine are still at CX-P V8.31 but CX-D is at V3.111, so there has not been any updates made to CX-D on V4 of CX-one but CX-P updates for the new PLCs coming out. I'll have to get on to my Omron rep and see if it is worth upgrading to V4 now. I doubt there will be any updates for V3 now either so i will slowly go out of date!

If I understand what you mean by UDT, it is available in the version of CXP that comes with CX-One V4. We call them structures and they can only be used with CJ2 PLCs. Look under the Data Types option in the project workspace window. You can first add a Structure, then insert Members into that structure.

Started install of CX-One V4 this evening. During installation I got a popup "You have to run the 64-bit version of DPInst.exe on this machine. Contact the vendor that provided you this package". I ignored this message. Installation, online registration and AutoUpdates continued normally. Anyone seen this message and if so what are the ramifications of ignoring it and continuing with installation? Is this DPInst.exe needed and if so where is it located and how/where does one install it? The "vendor" that provided me with this package is closed over the weekend! Added after seeing next post from BOBB. Glad I'm not the ONLY one with the problem. I did forget to specify that I was also installing on a new machine running Windows 7 x 64 bit. Edited by BITS N BYTES

Just got the same thing with the new machine running Windows 7 x 64 bit. Have no idea waht the message is about. will have to try and find out.