Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
whatjusthappened

DL205 Devicenet

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I have an application where I need to setup communications between a DirectLogic 205 controller and an ABB Robotics controller. The ABB controller has a DeviceNet CANOpen comms module. I was thinking of using a F2-DEVNETS-1 DeviceNet Slave module but I would like some technical info on how it communicates and how to set it up. Can anyone point me in the right direction? If there is something that work better other than the F2-DEVNETS-1 I would love to hear about it. Thanks

What do you need beyond the manual provided for the AD Devicenet Slave? I'll assume that the ABB controller has some information since it will have to be the master.

I haven't purchased the F2-DEVNETS-1. I was looking on the website for info but all I could find was an overview brochure. I started digging a little deeper and eventually did find the manual. I shouldn't need much more than that but thanks for the reply. Although, if you have any experience with this module and could let me in on any tips I'd appreciate it (I'm new to Automation Direct, usually program A-B and Siemens). Again, thanks for the response.