Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ianbuckley

View controllogix program?

5 posts in this topic

Is there a way to view a program for the Controllogix without buying a license of Logix5000 Standard (or higher)? I have been asked to quote a job integrating one of our products into an existing system using the Controllogix and all I have is Mini Edition. If I get the job, I'm willing to buy the Standard license, but I don't really need it otherwise. I am trying to get a loaner license, but our local A-B rep is competing with integrators so I question their motivation to help. Just wondering if there is some third party tool or something...

There is a demo ver 17. See link below http://www.rockwellautomation.com/rockwell...x5000/demo.html

If the customer you'll be working with/for already has RSlogix 5000 and you're Old School like me and a Glutton for Punishment. They can export the program as an L5K file which is readable by Excel as a spreadsheet. problem is you get no nice rungs every thing is in Mnemonics and you have to be able to translate it yourself. But it costs niothing but your time. I'd look at the V17 demo.

If you get really stuck you could post the project on this site and ask someone to print a report to pdf and you could wade through the program that way......if the project is too big this could be a hard way to do things. I would be happy to print a report of the project for you if you like....if you don't want to post it on the site you can PM me and I can give you my email address.

The demo version of 17 is perfect. Took a few hours to download and set up, but I can look at and print the program. Just what I needed. Thanks!