Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Marco8037

Get Date and Time of an exter HMI on a variable on Twincat

1 post in this topic

Hello all. I'm making a program where I use an HMI from exter to be connected to a PLC from Beckhoff. I am using the information designer to programme the HMI, twincat for the PLC and the beckhoff ads protocol to comunicate between the 2 equipments. I don't know yet what kind of PLC I am going to use, but I would like to get the actual date and time (of the HMI) on a variable to use on twincat. If I declare on twincat a global variable like this: Variable_date: DATE_AND_TIME; And if I import the variables from the rebuilded file on twincat, I cannot see the the variable "Variable_date" on the list of imported variables. Since the value on a DATE_AND_TIME variable is stored in secconds as an UDINT variable, begining from 1970/01/01 at 00h00m00sec., I could also declare the same variable as an UDINT variable to solve my problem. (An UDINT variable is imported successefuly). However, my question is: How can I write on that variable the actual date and time of the HMI terminal? If the variable "Variable_date" is declared as an UDINT variable I do the following on Information designer: Then, I have iserted an analog numeric: Then, I have filled the analog signal with the same variable: After this, I have run the HMI programme: I was expecting to see some numeric value on the analog numeric that I have created. However the shown value is 0. Does anybody know what am I doing wrong? Or does anybody know an easiest way to do this? Thanks very much. Marco Nunes