Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zygmunt

Visio to PLC

4 posts in this topic

I have the idea. Mostly we document PLC projects using Visio. I mean states - transitions - alarms. Let say your PLC is IEC 61131-3 compatible or you can save a program (export - import or save as) as XML file. It is possible to create a single PLC program module as a Visio page template (a flow chart with a data). Then you can build any complicated program as a set of Visio pages??? This Visio page template can be use to program all PLCs which agree with the condition above. What do you think about my idea? For today I know how to for RSlogix5000, Step7, CX-0ne, Beckhoff and Wago. ZM

Zygmunt, That is a great idea. I have used Visio in the past for drawings as a CAD alternative. I like this idea a lot. I would love to do a project in Visio and import it into an AB processor. The bad part is, unlike Siemens, AB cannot switch between the different languages.

With RSLogix5000 you can save a program as XML and you can open it from XML file. You can find any rung of your ladder logic program as a string. A visio file you can save as XML too. From this file you can read a flow chart (a transition Tx from a state Sy to state Sz). When you have this info about your flow chart you can write a ladder logic or Structured Text program (a set of lines) into your RSLogix5000 xml. If you need more info please let me know. Zygmunt

On ‎20‎-‎01‎-‎2010 at 7:07 AM, Zygmunt said:

With RSLogix5000 you can save a program as XML and you can open it from XML file. You can find any rung of your ladder logic program as a string. A visio file you can save as XML too. From this file you can read a flow chart (a transition Tx from a state Sy to state Sz). When you have this info about your flow chart you can write a ladder logic or Structured Text program (a set of lines) into your RSLogix5000 xml. If you need more info please let me know. Zygmunt

HI,

I would like to reverse Engineering the RSlogix 5000 programs to Visio drawings.. Can u please suggest any method or tools to do..