Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
michaelw

CX-One Update / Windows 7

10 posts in this topic

Hi Guys After having bought a PC with Win 7 Ultimate I tried to install CX-One V3.01 from my original disc set. The basic installation worked ok except the old autoupdate Flexnet feature ( could not recognize product) I installed the autopdate update from Omron US site , which trying to use the feature was updated automatically to CX-Oneautoupgrade utility Version1.00.15 After running this version I had the some updates available( see appended pic) First download was Common components 0912_0301 and CX-Server Componet Driver 0802_0201. During installation of this first update I got a lot of error messages ( msi could not be found ,no valid source etc. ) and finally CX-Programmer did not work any more I already tried to contact Omron but they are still on holidays here until next week. Does anybody had this experience too or a solution for it ? Thanks for answers Best regards Michael

I'm pretty sure Windows 7 is not supported yet by Omron or any other major automation supplier. I have Windows 7 Pro as my main OS but I run Omron in it's own VmWare WinXP guest OS. I also have a WinXp guest for AB and one for Siemens since they do not play well with others. Edited by Wulfgar

Hi Wulfgar Thanks for your answer. I wonder that the the original CX-One V3.01 could be installed without problems in Win7. Also other automation programs i.e Mitsubishi IEC Developer ,GT Works 2 or Lenze GDC , Lenze DDS-Studio run perfectly under Win 7 even not using the compatibility mode . Using a VM XP could be a solution to the Omron problem Best regards Michael

Hello guys, see the pinned topic in this forum about Windows 7 support: CX-One now officially supports Windows 7! As for your individual problems, I don't think this is specifically related to Windows 7, have had similar problems on XP installs too. Unfortunately the only proper way I am affraid to get rid of this is to completely uninstall CX-One. You can find an CX-One remover utility on MyOmron.com at the downloads section. (you have to register to access downloads). Attached find the instructions to use this removal tool. Apparantly the instruction was for a separate CX-Server removal tool. The CX-One removal tool is a self installing program so just download and follow instructions. After removal I suggest to run a file/registry cleaner like CCleaner and reboot. Then install CX-One again and run the updates as before. My preference is to download the updates to disk and install them in the same order they appear in the update list (although that is more so that I don't accidentally skip one).

Hello guys I followed PDL´s advice and completely uninstalled CX-One V3.01 using the latest CX-One remover tool from http://www.myomron.com/ (I also uploaded the file to the download section : http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?autocom=...&showcat=48 After the PC was restarted and registry cleaned with Tune Up Utilities 2010. On all following installation procedure the option " run as administrator " was used !! Before I launched the CX-One setup I seperatly installed CX Server from CD #1 and restarted the PC again After that I installed CX-One V3.01 again and made the online registration . After completing the registration I restarted the PC again and installed the new autoupdate file from http://www.myomron.com/ Searching for updates results in an error message ( see pic) but there are some updates available for CX-Common components (2 files) CX-Programmer 8.3 CX Integrator 2.1 Download and install the upgrades in the order they apear! After a few restarts required by the updates finally all seems to work fine!!!! Rgds Michael

Good job!!! Yesterday coincidentally I installed CX-One 3.01 on a clean windows 7 professional install, all went smooth and I didn't get the message above... all seems to be updated to latest and the update tool says CX-One is up to date... can run all programs but have not yet tested in the field.

Hi Pim, you may need to install the help file from Microsoft for XP as they no longer distribute it with Vista or Windows 7. If your help files are 'wonky' or will not run, you will need the program. Here is a link to the help program for Windows 7 that will run the older help files. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Hi Bob, Thanks for that, I did read that help files may not work but I didn't come across a workaround. Will give it a try!

Been running CX-One here for about 2 months on Win7 64bit laptop. Had to buy a 64bit USB to Serial adapter then all was OK. Have been using CX-Prog, CX-Integrator almost daily, both toolbus and via ethernet. Have not been able to use CX -Designer via the USB direct connection but with adapter it works but is slow. Also haven't been able to get Config for Device Net Safety to talk to Safety Controller using usb but can backplane it through toolbus. Currently there are no 64bit USB drivers for NS Screens or NE1A Safety Controllers. Hopefully soon, because it shure would speed thing up alot.

Have a look at this post - may solve your problem. http://forums.mrplc.com/index.php?showtopic=18908