Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dfwise

Adding RS232C cards to a CVM1 PLC

6 posts in this topic

Hello All, I have a CVM1 PLC that I am trying to add 2 NS10 Touch Panels to. I need to install 2 3G2A5-LK201-EV1 RS232C cards to do this. Normally I would have no questions about adding these cards but the PLC I'm adding these to is on a link relay network. So, when I go to add these cards do I need to recreate the I/O table or not? Also, If I need to recreate the I/O table will it mess with the link relay network?

3G2A5-LK201-EV1 Hostlinks are designed for C500/C1000H PLCs. They will not run on CVM1 Backplanes. You need one CV500-LK201 Hostlink which will give you two RS232C Hostlink Ports. Yes, you will have to recreate the I/O table. No, it should not affect your Link Relay Table. Also, the NS10's will operate on one RS422 port if your CPU RS422 port is open. You will need two NS-AL001 adapters.

I called Omron Tech Support and finally got through. They assured me that the c500-lk201-v1 is the same card as the 3g2a5-lk201-ev1 and is the one I need. Hopefully the card will work with the PLC the way they said it should. Thank you for your help, I was kind of nervous with the link relay communications because I've never had to work with it before.

"They assured me that the c500-lk201-v1 is the same card as the 3g2a5-lk201-ev1 and is the one I need. " They were correct. The C500-LK201-V1 and the 3G2A5-LK201-EV1 are the same. Unfortunately, you still need a CV500-LK201 (HOST LINK MODULE, CV, 2 PORTS) for a CVM1 PLC. Trust me. I've been working with Omron for twenty years. W205-E1-3A CV Hostlink Manual @ MrPLC.com

I'm sorry I ever doubted you on the card issue. It's just you would think that when their level 2 techs say this is the card I need for my PLC that they are right. The connector on the back does not match anything on the backplane. I guess I'll have to see if PLC Center will do an exchange for two CV500-LK201 cards instead. Thank you for your help.

One CV500-LK201 card will provide two separate RS232 Hostlink ports for connection to two NS touchscreens.