Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CoolBreeze

ControlLogix msg to PLC 5

7 posts in this topic

Contrologix to PLC-5 comms, Writing data from clgx to plc5 I read this post but it didn't go far enough for my issue. I have a PLC 5/40 rev. E and a L32E. I can see both processors on our network thru RSLinx Classic. The CLX has an ethernet IP Address and the PLC 5 is bridged thru TCP-1 Ethernet, but is communicating DH+ thru another backplane. Also, the CLX is on our 192.168 network and the TCP Bridge is using our 172.29 network. I have tried to setup the MSG information but am not recieving any bit transfers, I keep getting a connection failure. I have used MSG before but nothing like what I'm trying to do. Am what I am trying to do impossible?

Try reading from the PLC-5 first. I've had more trouble going the other way. You're just configuring a multihop message on the PLC-5 side.

I don't believe I have my MSG setup correctly. Right now my Read MSG in the CLX is Path=LocalENB, 2, 172.29.62.12, 1, 21 CIP I tried DH+ but have had no success either. i have attached a print screen of what my RSLinx looks like, along with the PLC 5 Controller properties information.

If the configuration you quoted is in the CLX, and it is READing the PLC-5, try deleting everything after the IP Address (delete the 1, 21). I have many such MSG instructions running, as we just finished a massive Plant expansion that uses all CLX processors, while several PLC-5's remain in service. Please reply if you need more help. In my case, all controllers are on the same subnet (10.10.28.xxx). Bill

As you can see from the uploaded image, that IP has multiple processors under the TCP Bridge. If i get rid of the 1, 21, do i need to use DH+ and fill in those settings?

I got it guys, just took alittle hair pulling. I figured out the Path: has to go all the way up to where the DHRIO is located and then under Communication Method is where the path continues on. Thanx for all the advice and help. She is ENing and DNing all day long, look at her go! LocalENB, 2, 172.29.62.12, 1, 1 CHANNEL 'A' SOURCE LINK 99 DEST. LINK 1 DEST. NODE 21

'Tis a beautiful thing, that! Bill