Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
henrry

Mitsui- Melsoft GP Developer

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, I am from Singapore. This is a great forum for newbie like me. I have one question to verify, 1. How to upload the Original prg comments into a new plc prg (prg written with no comments.) I have abt 100,000 lines and the Jap counterparts just updated the comments with us. Thanks really Pals.

If the program is large, it is possible that no comments are stored in the PLC simply because of limited PLC memory (unless you use CF for comments). When uploading from PLC, simply select comments to be uploaded as well and make sure you are trying to upload them from correct source. You might need to scroll down to see whole list (plc programs, parameters, device memory, comments...).

Hi panic, Thank you for your reply. let me clarify more on this prob. Old program written in Japan with comments in Japanese lang. There is no memory space prob at all. Now over here in ASIA we need to translate the comments into English. Translation is done but how to upload those comments into NEW prg?. its like few thousand of lines. ie: file1- prg in japanese comments file2- prg with no comments.(suppose to english comments.:( ) only way is to cut and copy ? or there is other alternative option for this. thanks.

If I read you right, You wish to replace the old Jap comments with the new English ones. You will find the comments for your program (typically) here C:\MELSEC\Gppw\YOUR-PLC-PROGRAM\Resource\Others\COMMENT.wcd If you dont use the default folder for gx-dev then follow the trail from YOUR-PLC-PROGRAM\etc and replace the old comment.wcd with the new one. Hope thats what you mean - because I have done this before

Read comments from PLC. Make sure to see where the comments are stored (or read from) because they can be in different places (PLC memory, CF card,...). Export comments into Excel and give them to your translator. Import english comments back into program and download them back into PLC. Normally all it takes is to modify comment and write it back to PLC.

Just found out its actually a simple step of copying a comment file (WCD) which is need to selected ONLY at the import section of the program. Wish to learn more abt Jap PLC type and wiring indications soon.. thanks again.