Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
scsteve

ML 1100 and OW8 output card help

9 posts in this topic

I'm using a ML1100 16 pt. processor, with OW8 output card. I'm trying to turn on 10 outputs one second apart. Position 11 output stays on. Using the sqo instruction. My processor has six embedded outputs. Using the OW8 for the remaining outputs I need. I'm not sure how to transition from one sqo instruction to another. Or if I even did it right. I think addressing is an issue. I'm thinking I need one sqo instruction for the embedded outputs and one for the OW8 card. Here's the code I wrote so far. countdown.RSS

I tried to download and open .RSS file, and it wont open. states file is corrupt. Can you try and see if your attached file works?

What version of RSLogix was the progam saved under? I get the same message if the program you are trying to open the file with is older incompatible version. The hardware or instruction set that may not be supported with the older version. I opened the file with ver 8.10 and had no problem. I have not used these instructions so I would not be able to answer the question.

Anyway Steve, based on your description, I believe I have a simple solution. Have your two sets of outputs, in a cross reference subroutine. (always jumped to). The sub routine will be internal B3 bits N.O. contacts outputting to real world outputs (6embedded outputs and 8 outputs on your OW8 card). Then you can use one SQO to output to 14 consecutive B3 bits, that in turn activate 14 real world outputs. Example: If B3/50 then out O:0/0, If B3/51 then out O:0/1, ... If B3/55 then out O:0/5, If B3/56 then out O:1/0, If B3/57 then out O:1/1, ... If B3/63 then out O:1/7. We teach every program should have all your real world outputs in one cross reference subroutine anyway. Happy Holidays.

Here the program screen shot for people who are not able to open it.

In my exple from previouse post, and acording to your pic, you would delete rung 2 and just use the one SQO (R6:0), with "DEST" set to B3/50 and "LENGTH" set to 13 or however many outputs you want to turn on. Do you understand the output cross reference subroutine concept? Just making sure for communication purposes.

I'm using RS Logix Micro to program with. Thanks for the advice BIN95. I will try it. I'm a little fuzzy on the output cross reference subroutine concept. I have the ML1100 here at home. I will write a new program, and bench test it. I guess, I have always wondered how you would use the SQO instruction, with multiple output cards. I was thinking addressing would be a nightmare. Thank you for sharing your knowledge.

We have everything MicroLogix 1100. :>) We have 1000, 1200, 1500, etc. attached is an example of your program with XREF subroutine in it. To take some of the guess work out of you project. Might be a little extra info in there as i took one of our many examples we give to those who atend our PLC training classes, and modified it for your example. It also includes a lamp test to show the one of the many advantages of using a separate subroutine as a XREF for all your realworld inputs and outputs. SQO_instr_example.RSS

Nice work. I really like the way, XREF ladder works. For some reason, it made everything "click" in my head. I think it makes the flow of logic easy to see. The lamp test is a great routine also. So many ways to write a program. Thanks again.