Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest kritor3

ABR I/O RS Linx config

4 posts in this topic

I am using a the ABR I/O Intellution RS Linx configurator with Fix32 v7. My AB plc has a remote I/O scanner in slot 1. How do I define this in the configurator table and how do I address the tag in the database to map a bit say I:1/150 Regards

It's not the prettiest solution but it is fast and simple. I have many older intallations of Fix32. What I usually do is in the PLC map all your remote I/O to an "N" file. Then just read the N file from intellution.

I'm not an Intellution expert,

Wow, clearly I'm not a keyboard expert this afternoon either. I think the "ABR I/O" driver is a little bit mis-named. It's for DH+ communications, not Remote I/O communications. All of Intellution's drivers are called "I/O drivers" when they have nothing to do with I/O networking. If you're using RSLinx, you're probably using a 1784-KTX or PKTX card to access DH+. That's going to have to connect to the DH+ network on your PLC, not to that RIO scanner card. I found the following on an older website, describing common problems when configuring the ABR driver in Intellution. These date from 1999 so they might have been superceded by newer versions of iFIX. 1) An attempt to connect the ABR driver to RSLinx Lite. RSLinx Lite is used for PLC programming and will not allow client applications to access it’s data. RSLinx OEM is required for Intellution’s ABR driver. 2) No Client Connections have been configured in RSLinx OEM. After RSLinx has been configured to communicate with the PLC’s over the required transport, it needs to be made available to client applications. To do this: a) Click "Configure Client Applications" in RSLinx, and in the ‘1KT:0’ field select the driver that is reading data required for FIX. b) In the Intellution ABR driver configuration, click the SETUP button, select the ‘Type’ of transport that is being used (eg. Ethernet, KT, etc), then enter the Card Number 1 to use the driver specified in the 1KT:0 field in step a) above. If you would like more information on this, select the Card Number field and press the F1 key for help. Edited by Ken Roach