Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rswolff

Wonderware

2 posts in this topic

lets see if anyone can be of assistance. Communicating to several D0-06's using KepDirect and ECOM modules. Front end is Wonderware v7. Works fine except for addressing a float type variable directly from Wonderware (works if I set a tag in the server and use it). Not sure if its a syntax problem or a server issue. i.e. If I create a tag in Wonderware as an I/O Real. Address V7000 I only receive the first word of the address, not the necessary 2-words. Hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving!!! many thanks, bob

When you are dynmically adding items to the any KEPware or relabled Kepware server you will get the defatult data type for any address unless you over ride it. In OPC you can do this failry easily. When doing a FastDDE or Suitelink connection connection you should append "@Float" to the address to tell the server you need it as a floate. For instance "v1400@Float" to add register v1400 as a floating point number. This is explained in the server help file under DDE addressing or Dynamic addressing depending upon which version you are using. Fred Loveless Applications Manager Kepware Technologies