Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rajsiyer

Panel-View As DDE serverr

4 posts in this topic

Hi friends, In one customer's Scada(Citect) requirement, they wish to read Data from a nearby Allen-Bradley Panel-View HMI by means of an ethernet link. I am not very familiar with the AB HMIs to confirm to customer whether this could be done. To my mind, if the HMI could work as a DDE server then it should be possible. The HMI variables .whnich need to be read are not PLC variables. These are local to the HMI. Can someone explain how this could be done if at all. A million thanks for listening in, With best wishes for your success, I remain, Raj S. Iyer

Which model of Panelview are you working with?

There is no PanelView product that can function as a DDE or OPC Server. The closest thing you could use that would match this functionality is FactoryTalk View SE Station with FactoryTalk OPC Gateway. The FT OPC Gateway software exposes all FactoryTalk View SE HMI database tags and all controller tags accessible by FactoryTalk LiveData as OPC items. Alternatively, the PanelView Plus now has a remote Webserver function that would allow the current screen to be viewed (read-only) by a remote web browser client. This does not address Citect or DDE or OPC specifically, but it does give a remote user the ability to view some data from the PanelView.

this remote webserver is interesting, that must be included in the latest firmware? So all it provides is an image of what the local screen is currently displaying, and cannot change this screen of any values? I am trying to get onto the AB site now to see if the update is there...