Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BobB

Developing Graphic Objects

8 posts in this topic

I am trying to develop circuit breaker objects (open and closed) to display on a 15" screen when a bit turns on or off. Ideally I would like to have 3 states but do not think this is possible. I have saved off a couple of bitmaps from Citect but they do not appear properly on the touch screen (white block with no detail). Cannot find how to do it in the manuals. Any ideas? I am sure some of yopu have done it before. Any help appreciated. AAHH!!! Imported the whole page from Paint and that is why I cannot see it!! Wish there was a bitmap editor or something. Edited by BobB

Is it an NS ? If yes i would try (in CX-Designer): Functionnal Object -> Word Lamp -> General tab -> Lamp type -> Select shape Color/Shape tab: there you can select differents shapes for differents values of a control word I think you can create shapes and use them but i am not sure. There is another way: Functionnal Object / Bitmap You select the BMP file you created With control flag you can display or hide it. Then you can superpose 3 BMP of your breaker and display 1 at a time depending on bit flag.

AAHHHH!!! Gradually getting there - thanks for the suggestions. How can I turn text sideways? Can find nothing in text attributes and rotating/flipping does not do the job!!

Hi Bob, You want to flip a text within the bitmap? You will have to do this in Paint. Or are you referring to a text label within CX-Designer? If you want you can send me you app and I will have a look at it.

Hi Pim I am trying to rotate a label at 90 degrees to come down the page rather than across. The label rotates but not the text. I have graphically set up bit maps to indicate ACB open or closed and wish to label them with the label at 90 degrees to horizontal. Will see how I go sending it to you when I get back from a job site today. Thanks Bob

Hi Bob, Rotating a label no can't do but what you can do is just type the text downwards, like O P E N If you really want it to rotate you will have to do this in paint and insert the text as a bitmap... Anyway send me the project and I am happy to take a look.

Thanks Pim. Afraid that was the case. Does not look good. Will put a request in the improvements section - used to CAD unfortunately. Regards Bob

Made it look not to bad by putting a space between 2 columns and a black line border around the text. Also selected top for vertical and centre for horizontal. Straightened things up considerably. Looks way better than it di.