Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dragana82

Problem with Recipes please HELP!

4 posts in this topic

Does anyone knows how to put devices type real in recipes? Can I use scripts for writing and reading recipes? I use GT Designer 2, and HMI is for GT15

When using basic recipes, only word data can be stored. But a real number simply occupies 2 words. When using advanced recipes, you can specify any type of data for the recipe, including bits. Recipe read adn write is triggered by bits and words, so it can be done in script, in PLC code, or via buttons on the screen. The Screen Design Manual has entire chapters devoted to how recipes and advanced recipes work. Keep in mind too that a function board is required to use either recipes or advanced recipes, and there are OS components which must be downloaded to the screen. Mitsubishi has some basic online training on GOT1000 on their website, but I do not believe it gets into recipes.

I used advanced recipes, but there is no option for real devices, i can only put signed 32 bit value, but i need values with 2 decimals ( xx.xx). I think that my only solution to use some temp device, which is real, and then multiple that value with 100 , and then store in recipes. Is there any other solution?

The recipe couldn't care less what format the data is in. So if it allocates a 32-bit address, that address can be any 32-bit information. It's all zeros and ones to the PLC anyways. The recipe isn't reading the number.