Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andyhill

Looking for a Controllable PSU

5 posts in this topic

Just a quickie Looking for a solution to provide a 0 - 30v DC Supply at up 3A. Problem is the control of the voltage 0-30 must be able to be proportionally controlled by a PLC either digitally or vai analog control(4-20mA or 0-10v etc) . If possible, I would like and off the shelf solution that could be DIN rail mounted. PLC will typically be a Compact logixs. Application is for a test rig to allow us to ramp up and down the voltage in 1/2 volt steps. However load is approximately 2A at 24v DC.

Andy, Not exactly what your asking for. The DIN mentioned is a DIN plugin for a porportional valve coil.(hydraulic) http://www.pwmcontrols.com/

Just an idea, but: did you consider a DC motor drive? Ex.: KBIC120 from KB. 0-10V analog output to it would give you about 0-100VDC.

Andy. As you are in the UK I would suggest you speak to Lambda who are based in Ilfracombe. I am sure that they will be able to do something off the shelf which meets your requirements.

I had the same thought as pfort... I'd look for a DC drive. It should do what you are looking for.