Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gumpus

Micrologix 1500 LRP with eternet

4 posts in this topic

I am trying to connect an Efecter 2D barcode reader to a Prosoft MVI69-GEC. I have installed the card and the sample ladder code from Prosoft. The card appears to be communicating with the backplane ok. I cannot get the card and scanner to talk to each other. I can connect the scanner directly to me laptop through the ethernet and receive the ASCII data string using hyperterminal set to port 50003. Something seems to be missing in my setup or ladder logic. Has anyone tried this setup or could point me in the right direction.

Thanks for reading the post. I have read posts here for several years and usually found the answers I needed but never asked questions of my own. I have solved this with the help of there tech support and will post the solution here in case someone else needs it as soon as I can.

The manual for this card is geared for a compactlogix. Here is the info needed for a micrologix. Hope this helps someone else. Using the Prosoft supplied sample code. N20:2-5 is the IP address to connect to. N20:6 is the service port number. Remember, you may have to switch to hex view and convert the port number to hex to enter larger port numbers Increase preset time on T4:2 to 32000. Then toggle bit B3/2 in ladder 3 to connect the client. N12:30 will show if it is connected N23:x will receive the data. My data was reversed so you can put a 1 in N20:7 to swap received data characters.

Thanks for sharing your solution. I'm sure it will help someone else in the future. Edited by Mickey