Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheDr

Programming the CP1L through a CP1W-ETN01-US

3 posts in this topic

Does anyone know what the oldest version of CX Programmer you can use to program the CP1L through the CP1W-ETN01-US? My customer is using CX Programmer V7.3 which has the CP1L but no option to connect over ethernet. I am running CX Programmer 8.2 and there is an option for ethernet. My customer does not want to upgrade to CX ONE V3 yet unless he absolutely has to. I see in the manual for the ETN01 that it specifies CX Programmer 8.0 to do this, but wondered if anyone knows of a work around to get this to work with 7.3. Thanks for your help.

Sorry I posted this in the wrong forum. It should have been in the CX Programmer forum and not CX ONE. I don't seem to be able to move it.

I am not sure but at least you need an updated CPS file (Component Profile Sheet) for the CP1L CPU series and I think you also need the updated CX-Server files. If it was just an I/O module you could try to just manually copy the CPS files from a new installation but as this also involves an updated communications path to the CPU I think this will not work, and you cannot update CX-Server manually by just copying some files. The following procedure is own your own risk. No succes guaranteed and make sure you can roll back if it fails as I cannot predict how CXP will behave. Attached are the latest CPS files for CP1L series from a CXP8.2 install. You can try to extract the files and put them in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Omron\Profiles\CPSFiles. Overwrite if prompted. Like I said, little chance it will work but worth a shot. However Omron will not support an installation that has been messed with so keep this in mind... CP1L_CPS_files.zip