Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BenJones

Communication Error between FX3u and E1101

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, trying to get everything talking via a router and Ethernet using an ENET module attached to the FX3u I'm using. I have a question and wondered if you could help. I had a Mitsubishi guy visit me a few weeks ago to help me set up the PLC platform. He helped a lot but couldn't get the PLC controller (FX3u) to talk to the HMI (E1101) via Ethernet. So, at the moment I am using an RS422 cable to do this. In Edesigner, I have set up (in preriferals in the project manager) the controller 1 as MELSEC/FX-SERIES SERIAL which uses the RS422 and this works ok. When I change the controller driver to MELSEC/FX3u ETHERNET and send the program to the E1101 I get an error message in the top left of the screen saying Comms Err 4. Anyone have any ideas off the top of their head why I can't get communication ? The only thing I can think of maybe is that the port address is wrong when it asks for it in Edesigner / Project Manager / MELSEC/FX3u ETHERNET / Properties : I have entered the IP address of the PLC (192.168.1.4), but what is (or how do I determine) the port address and the terminal port address ? is this maybe 6000 and 6001 (the same as the transfer ports) Thanks, Bens Edited by BenJones

Did you look at the Controller Help in E-Designer? It details all the settings to be made in both the screen program and the FX3U-ENET module setup. Make sure you set a connection and pick a port number in the FX Configurator-EN. The step by step procedure is in the help file.

No relies after a few days. I thought this post may confuse. Its ok though IU've got the problem resolved. It was a simple driver problem. The driver I was after I just found in E-desiner in the 'update driver' part under 'File'. The driver I needed wasn't listed under MELSEC (which is where I previously looked, but is a driver produced by Beijer which is why Ididn't find it (beFX3u_Ethernet). Downloaded this and followed the instructions to load it into the controller with FX-Configurator-EN with UDP protocol. This uses ports 1251 and 65355. The help file (which gets saved in the folder with the driver) and shows 'How to configurate the ethernet module'. Works fine now anyway

Crossbow replied 3hrs 21mts after your initial post and we didn't hear anything after that......

Haha, yes crossbow, didn't see your original post. You were spot on ! Cheers mate