Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Duffanator

Windows 7

26 posts in this topic

I upgraded to Windows 7 on one of my home PC's and it is really nice. It made me see just how much Vista sucked. It's very nice to click on the my computer and see everything connected to the computer. No more going through the settings tab to change printer settings or hardware settings! I haven't used it with any programming software yet but other than that it's awesome. I actually just wiped my other Vista PC and put windows XP back on because I couldn't deal with it anymore. After I upgraded it to Vista from XP it's never been the same. Now it's back to being fast and running all my games correctly again Another point: When our Mitsubishi rep came in to demonstrate a module he was using a laptop with Windows 7 running a virtual machine for Microsoft SQL Server 2005. (The module writes to an SQL Database) and it worked great. Only had one issue where the network cable was unplugged from a USB Dongle and when the network cable was reconnected the module couldn't connect to the SQL Database again, but I think that had more to do with the USB Dongle interfacing with the virtual PC than Windows 7. Edited by Duffanator