Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MuttsNutts

Mitsibushi HMI replacement

14 posts in this topic

Hello. I have been asked to look at an upgrade option for the following: A8GT-70GOT-SW-EUN (there seems to me a memory card installed) The PSU is labaled: A8GT-PW-EU The Comms interface is labelled: A7GT-BUS2-EUN I hope I'm not missing anythinng. As I understand it, this HMI is no longer available and the customer wants an option for something newer that spare parts are available for. It will involve transferring the project on it to a newer HMI. I know very little about Mitsibushi PLCs and HMIs. Questions: 1) Can the existing project be easily ported to a new HMI or would it be a case of start from scratch again? 2) Would the PLC code have to be taken into consideration - eg, the PLC might change pages or look at special registers inside the HMI for something like clock synchronisation? 3) What software should I use and is it expensive? (Am UK based) Any help would be greatly appreciated

While you can view this document wwwf2.mitsubishielectric.co.jp/english/got/technews/.../t100019.pdf

Thank you for the answer although the link you posted does not work if I cut and paste it into my web browser. Can you try again please?

http://wwwf2.mitsubishielectric.co.jp/engl...019/t100019.pdf

Thanks very much for the link. Although it looks complex, I expect the upgrade to a new HMI GOT1000 series(?) involves no PLC work and with a bit of luck, an import may not involve too many tweaks of the screens (fonts etc).

The process to convert an 800GOT project to a GOT1000 is fairly straightforward. Use GT Converter2 to convert the 800GOT project to GOT1000, then open in GT Designer2 to verify and correct.

Thanks very much. I have to say, the level of support in the UK from Mitsibushi local resellers is excellent. Better even than Omron and I didn't think I'd ever say that. This project, although probably simple, is fast becoming less of a nightmare and more of an interesting venture.

I have had good success in converting 800 or 900GOT to the GOT1000 family. The software (GT Works2, and soon GT Works3) is so much easier to work with than some others I have used in the past. The function set is huge, and all the multi-vendor drivers in the GOT1000 come with the software, no extras to buy. Plus with the upgradable OS in the screen, if they add new features or new drivers, you just flash the screen and you have all the latest functions.

Thaks very much for help so far. Ok, the HMI looks like it's going to be something like a GT1575 with a 232 to 422 converter so we can connect to the PLC which is A1S, but (like everything else in life) there is a further problem. I cannot open the PLC source files with GX Developer. The customer has given me the files and they are as follows: proj_12 proj_12.hdr proj_12.nam proj_12.prg proj_12.prm proj_12.prt (I've called it "proj" here) Question: how do I open these files and with what? Sorry for being a newbie about this. I will give feedback and details when I get this all cobbled together and gain confidence.

Create a new project for the PLC in GX Developer. Then in the Project menu, select Import, and there will be an Import from MEDOC option if it was installed during the installation process. Those are MEDOC files. GX Developer can convert them no problem, if the converter was installed. If not, you will have to uninstall and reinstall to be asked again.

...I like you. Alot. Thanks v much, am away like a greyhound out of the starting traps now to unleash the creative beast. Many thanks.

(I knew it wouldn't be long before I return) Final question: is GX Developer the only option to program A1S PLCs? It's quite expensive and will eat any margin I might make on this job

GX Developer is the right way to do it. There really is no other alternative. You can fumble your way around in the old DOS software, which isn't sold anymore.

<groan> It's £750 for the software. Still, if that's the way to go then so be it. Thanks for your help.