Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NickO

CitectScada(6.10) Print to Network Printer

8 posts in this topic

Hi Guys, I have been trying to use a networked printer from Citect for our daily report. I can print a test page from windows print manager no problem. But when I use citect to print the following occurs... The file gets sent to the printer. The printer 'groans' a bit. And the windows print manager shows it printing but nothing occurs. BUT if I shut down Citect whilst this is happening, the printout is then printed on the printer. Clearly something is causing it not to print while citect is live. Any ideas ? Cheers Nick

Jeez! That is a really old version of Citect. Thought about upgrading? V7.1 with SP1 runs absolutely great on Vista. If the support has been kept up to date (probably not or ir would not be V6.1) best ring Citect support. May also have something to do with the Microsucks version you are running. NT? Pain in the 'A'. Glad to be with Vista these days - have not had a blue screen of death since I changed. Best OS from Microsucks I have ever used. Edited by BobB

Unfortunately the version if Citect is usually determined by the client, unless its a completely new project. If you dont mind, throw up your cicode so we can have a look for the problem.

Contact Citect. The software should be kept in maintenance always. If your customer does not want to pasy for maintenance he should not epect solutions. Really annoys me that customers expect someone to come in and fix things when they do not maintain maintemamce. I will not go to customers that do that anymore.

Tell me about it, We're still on version 5.5 and they refuse to spend money to upgrade it or send us for training. Our Citect system is going to die because there are only 2 of us that know anything about it and no one wants to learn or spend money on it. It's such a shame because there is so much it can do and no one realizes it.

Hi Guys, I am new in my position and have a number of Citect Systems in the field, I am also the customer !!! So I am just starting to bring all the systems up to the latest version. The report at present prints out fine to local printer(printer1(lpt1:)), it only becomes a problem when squirting it out to the network printer. Any thoughts based on this will be greatly appreciated. cheers Nick

It may be something to do with the way the network printer is setup to spool, try changing it to print direct to printer, just a thought though !!

Hullo customer. I am not aware of your problem and really cannot help you here unfortunately. What I would like to say to you is do not be afraid of Vista if you are upgrading. I know Windows 7 is out but I have been using Vista Business for quite some time now - since SP1. Citect V7.1 SP1 runs really well on Vista Business. I have 6-7 systems running now - had a few issues till Citect V7.1 SP1 came out. My first installation was the beta by the way. The main thing you have to watch is the PLC software is Vista compliant. I use Omron and it is all Vista compliant and has been for some time (18 months or so). I also use Omron FINS Gateway between Citect and the devices in the field. Have used Ethernet, Controller Link and RS422 - slows things down a bit. FINS Gateway 2003 would only run on Vista with UAC turned off. Not fully compliant but runs really well with Ethernet, Controller Link and RS422. The latest middle ware from Omron is Sysmac Gateway - have not tried it yet with Vista. Unfortunately AB, Siemens etc have been really slack getting up to speed with Vista and are really just getting there now - how long has it been out? I would say to you I have never had the 'blue screen of death' with Vista. My only problem has been a really bad driver from Intel for mirror RAID hard drives. Everything else is super smooth. I did not implement Vista till SP1 came out though - a wise move I think. I am of the view Vista Business SP1 if the best Microsoft operating systrem since DOS! Hope this helps a bit with your ugrading.