Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BJR

GX dev. vs. IEC vs. Works

50 posts in this topic

No.Only ext. Sul and asc.Where? Edited by KAZAH

Works fine for me: Edited by Crossbow

Dear 'kaare_t' Your idea to double-change type of CPU is very good, but alas it is impossible, for example, in GX IEC Developer (for FX to Q and contrary). The project for IEC v7, which I have uploaded, is not compiled, because previously is need to make several corrections for variables in FB's Header.

The latest is I am waiting to see if I can return my copy of GX Developer. I warned my vendor of compatability issues so he is trying to get it approved for return. I will purchase IEC version but it will be two weeks wait! In the meantime I will print out the pdf Gambit provided me to follow the program. I have a printout of my own in the machine documentation but it does not have the information I need to follow the ladder I am online with. There were no M numbers or X or Y numbers in the printout. Only the Alias(?) and comment. I could not do anything with my printout. Thanks Gambit! And unfortunately I don't know Swedish. But I found a good online translator that allowed me to follow the electrical prints very well. Next week I will have a colleague here permanently relocating that will translate for me. Thanks for all of the help. If IEC version will work for sure I am not going to mess with the GX Works at all. I can't afford to keep trying things that might not work.

Gambit - was either copy of this program fully documented???? For example what is M608 for? Or any M address greater than M500?

Your project contains system variables from M512. This means that they are handled by the compiler and are not statically assigned! Gambit's printout shows everything in your application. Basically all the devices you can see are "Global" variables (statically assigned addresses), while the local variables (the variables which have only a name) are handled by the compiler (and may get a different address at compile time). The printouts shows everything.

Be careful when posting the about screen, as your serial number shows in it! I removed the image from the post which had the serial number. And where do you guys keep getting engineering sample versions? 1.12 is latest release candidate I know about, and that -D07 after the 1.16Q indicates a non-release engineering sample version.

I understand global and local from other brands of PLC. So, could the local variable comments have been lost during the conversion between software packages? Or is the first 10 pages or so the global variables. Then after the program printout starts and there are more charts with variables - those are the local and there is no column in the chart to reference the bit number? Only the variable name shows up? LIke on page 11 of the first pdf, VAR M_FelTid is a BOOL and COULD be M515 or something like that -some M bit? If you search the program and find M608, is there a comment for it? Are all of you that can open this file viewing it as ladder diagrams? Why does the printout show more of a block diagram format? That is the same format my printout has and it does not seem like it matches the online ladder at all. My first rung that I see online has two contacts for inputs, two contacts for M bits, then the output coil is M150. M150 in the global(?) chart has no comment. The first "rung" in the pdf printout does not seem to match up at all. What is the difference here? What are FB and PROG bodies and Networks? I wish I could open my own file because I'm more confused than I've ever been in the last 14 years and I know I'm not looking at anything very difficult!

Dear BJR, You can long curse to software package and to programmers who wrote it all. But the situation of this better not be. Little bit corrected and then compiled project is attached PLC_IEC_v7.zip Complete printout of this project is attached Print_Preview.pdf Variable List in ?SV-format is attached VARLIST.zip You can see all variables including of internal (local). May be it will be enough for you

I don't understand why the project had to be modified to compile...... I just opened the project in GX IEC 7.03 (and presse OK to convert the project database to IEC 7.0 database type) and compiled it without errors..... You shouldn't have to modify anything!!!

Kaare_t You didn't have to modify because you didn't update the libraries. Edited by Gambit

Hi When I have opened the project I have permitted to update the manufacturer and standard libraries... Then project became to compile with errors, because with updated libraries the CMP-instruction has an bit-array output... Therefore, the changes are not serious (only for compiling ) and are not algorithmic.

That's no problem, just "document" (tell us what you modified) at first (like you just did).... Then we all know what "corrections" you've done and why you did it.

The report: 1) In Global Variable I have modified the Variable Type from BOOL to ARRAY_OF_BOOL[0..2] for the follow 3 variables: M_temp_bit1 M_hard_ant_lik M_AntalMinResept. 2) In NW4 of Resept[PRG] I have changed M_AntalMinResept to M_AntalMinResept[0]. That's all.

Great man! Now we (and the topic starter) know that nothing critical has been modified when upgrading the project Edited by kaare_t

Of course, you're right. I made a typical mistake ... To the man who itself do something, everyone always seems obvious.

My Mitsubishi dealer still has not even gotten back to me about returning GX developer, let alone ordering IEC version. I've bugged him twice now. Anyway, the two machines I'm working on have to run very soon and the IEC was going to take two weeks to order. Would someone mind opening the other program I have for me and creating the pdf file of all of the variables (Gambit? ) That is the only way I will be able to follow the program even though it will take me a long time to do it. Many thanks! AD5.zip

Here's the printout. FYI: This project does not contain any local variables - only global variables which you can find in the list at the beginning! You also have some SFC programming (e.g. at page 115)..... AD5_Printout.pdf Edited by kaare_t

If you want I can send you GX IEC Developer installation files via FTP. Instead of a serial number just enter DEMO. You won't be able to download your program, but you'll be able to see the program.

That would be very helpful. Also, I will get to familiarize myself with both the software and the program before there are 10 people standing over my shoulder next week. Let me know what to do. By the way, my Mitsubishi dealer also tried this method but said he could not get a demo any quicker than the licensed copy anyway.

karre_t - Thanks for the help!

One more time? Last machine, I promise. I would like a pdf printout of this machine too please Thank you! SkumKaru_v02.zip

Here's the printout SkumKaru_Printout.pdf