Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CX_Luigi

NP series

8 posts in this topic

on Omron247 there is a description of a NP series touchscreen. For what I understood after some web search, is a new series, although characteristics and exterior are vey close to NQ series. Are NQ and NP the same models, only marketed to different countries? If they are separate products, when introduction to market is beginning? On Omron247 is available an NP-Designer software. Downloaded it and currently studying its characteristics, definitely it's different from NQ-Designer.

NP and NQ have no relation. They are two different developments regards, MPM Edited by MPM

I heard from Omron up here that the np series will be discontinued shortly. The NV series will replace it. NV Designer is now part of CX One, it gets added with a recent update. I've used some NP screens, not overly pleased with them. Graphics are nothing to write home about, and NP Designer crashes when you load a background image with a higher resolution then the screen itself. Also, you can't import symbols from CX programmer easily, eventhough they are both omron software packages.

NQ terminals are intended for the European market. It is programmed in NQ-Designer (myomron.com). I tested NQ-Designer 1.01 - functionality and ergonomics is worse than at NP-Designer 1.0. To me one year ago OMRON EU promised that NQ will surpass NP and even NS terminals, and it has turned out that NQ now cannot repeat function NT21 (a transparency and imposing of objects...). Still I have doubts in reliability NQ so there were many problems with other European series of terminals NT3S.

True but that is because NP serie is not really from Omron, nor the software.

If that the case. Omron should responsible for all NP series HMI users all over the world. Me myself just bought 10 units NP series HMI in order to cut development cost, but unluckily, i cant find the way to write it in the PT even i have the software that compatible with windows 10 64bit. Shall anyone have the way to get the PT USB driver, please share the link. Thank You

2 hours ago, rhafizi said:

If that the case. Omron should responsible for all NP series HMI users all over the world. Me myself just bought 10 units NP series HMI in order to cut development cost, but unluckily, i cant find the way to write it in the PT even i have the software that compatible with windows 10 64bit. Shall anyone have the way to get the PT USB driver, please share the link. Thank You

The NP3 series were discontinued since 2009, and the NP5 series were discontinued since 2012, so I believe they are way past warranty period.
I see no way that Omron or their authorized distributors are still selling those now, unless you bought it from a non-authorized dealer.

Regarding the USB driver, you can find it after installing the NP-Designer software. It should be located inside the installation folder under subfolder ScrEditApp.
Read the manual book V096 for details.